St. Patrick’s Day is one of the best excuses to go out, drink as much (green) beer as possible and of course have a bit of fun with green outfit items and accessories.
I personally love the yearly celebrations that force you to be creative with what you are wearing. We get a couple of these per year, the big ones being Valentines Day (pink, red, lace, hearts), Canada Day (red and white, DUH!) and of course St. Patrick’s Day.
Now, I know we can all go out and buy a crazy amount of green beads, shamrock tattoos and even those shirts that say ‘Kiss Me I’m Irish’, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to be a bit more creative and incorporate that must have green color with pieces that yes, are great for looking cute while throwing back Guinness pints at the Irish Pub, but can actually work in your daily wardrobe later on too!
Here are some of my favourite pieces that are available now, perfect for this weekend (or March 17th) and are each like finding your own little pot of gold (given the price points)!!
2. I love these earrings as they remind me of Shamrocks, but would work so well throughout the Spring season. Plus, the green is a bit muted, which makes them easier to incorporate into an outfit. $10 at The Bay.
4. This skirt is to die for! Not only is it perfect for St. Patty’s Day, but it is oh so wearable all the way through Spring. Pair with a white t-shirt and booties for a dressed down look or a black cami and heels if you are doing something a bit more dressed up! $149 at H&M.
6. This may not satisfy most when it comes to wearing GREEN on St. Patty’s, but it will keep you from getting pinched by anyone for not doing so. $12.90 at Express.
7. I know, I know! I said no over-the-top St. Patrick’s Day items on this list, but this little leprechaun hat headband is so cute and can be worn with any outfit. Might as well have a little fun with the Irish theme right? $9.99 at Party City
8. A perfect piece that has both GREEN and GOLD. You can’t get more festive than this, but because the colour pop here is more of a Kelly Green, it’s going to be an easy necklace to wear post Irish beer chugging day! 😉 $30 at The Bay.
9. I have just recently started adding bright, fun colors into my wardrobe for Spring and one of the first places I started was with my nail polish colours. This goregous shade of green will work great with all gold and silver accessories, so treat yourself to a manicure and don’t worry about having to get rid of it before Monday! $5.19 at London Drugs.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day and make sure to enjoy the all the beer, shamrocks and irish kisses (or car bombs) your little heart desires! Here’s hoping that now you don’t need the ‘Luck of the Irish’ when figuring out what to wear.